In your home or business, finding a creepy crawler is likely to prompt a call to your local pest control provider. The idea of rats, spiders, or insects sharing our room can be accepted by a few of us. On the other side, if your location is pest-free, it is easy to get complacent. But you’re vulnerable to infestations, even though you don’t have a problem now. Find out how, with preventive pest control, to keep pests away for good.
Why You Need Pest Sanitation
We deliver environmentally friendly and productive management of pests. But while most individuals think of pest control as an emergency procedure, a safer choice is to eliminate the issue in the first place.
Leaving your pest problem in a professional’s hands decreases your exposure to these and other risks:
- Leptospirosis and hantavirus from rat faeces and urine
- Bites and stings due to poor insect or rodent treatment
- Food poisoning and respiratory issues from droppings of cockroaches, saliva and body parts
- A year-round pest control strategy significantly decreases the odds of pest exposure risks.
How to Keep Pests Away
While no strategy is 100-percent foolproof, taking the right precautions lowers the likelihood of infestations and prevents damage. The following preventative pest control tips apply to many types of insects, spiders, and rodents:
- Repair leaky pipes right away.
- Put pet food away after mealtime.
- Clean up crumbs and spills immediately.
- Ensure that trash cans are tightly sealed.
- Replace ill-fitting screens and patch holes.
- Store food in airtight containers or the refrigerator. Look for gaps, cracks, and holes around the perimeter of your home.
- Trim tree branches, shrubbery, and other vegetation away from the house.
These precautions make your home less attractive to pests and much harder for them to get inside.
If these preventative pest control measures fail, you’ll need professional treatments. We at Tradie Team – Pest Control Melbourne provide environmentally conscious and dependable sanitation pest control into homes and businesses. While knowing how to keep pests away should serve you well, we’re here when you need us. Contact us to learn more.